Attention kidlit community-
After last year’s inaugural and successful first edition, our Fall Writing Frenzy contest is back! Yahoo! This contest was created by author & agent Kaitlyn Sanchez, and I have the honor of co-hosting with her again. This year, we’re offering a ton of awesome prizes from some very talented and experienced donors. Click HERE to see who they are.
And may we say- we are very, very excited!
Why Fall Writing Frenzy? To create connections! The goal is to help everyone grow, by challenging you to write something different and connecting winners with established literary professionals. If you’re selected, one of these generous donors will critique a work of your choice. All kidlit levels are welcome: BB, PB, CB, MG, YA, GN. It’s a wonderful opportunity to sharpen your writing skills, make new friends, and connect with others who share the same passions. Our contest will also hopefully get everyone’s creative and spooktacular juices flowing for Susanna Hill’s Halloweensie contest at the end of October.
So, how does this all work?
DRUM ROLL PA-LEASE!!
Here’s how it will go down:
1. Pick one of the Fall Images below and write about it. You can write a poem, a story, a mood piece, whatever comes to mind. Happy, scary, beautiful, grotesque, whatever suits your fancy for any kidlit age: board book through young adult.
Maximum length: 200 words.
2. You can write about the picture in a literal or metaphorical way, or focus on a memory or emotion it elicits. Just let the photo inspire you and have fun!
3. Entries for the contest can be submitted between October 1 and October 3, 2020 11:59 PM EST. Come back to this website and there will be a special blog post specifically for entries (feel free to subscribe to this blog in the upper right corner to be sure to get all updates). You will enter your information to the form on the blog post.Things to include are the link to your entry. If you don’t have a blog, no worries, you can post in the comments of the blog post. This is meant to create connections with others in the writing community so you visit (and maybe even subscribe to each other’s blogs).
One entry per person please.
5. Share, share, share! Please spread the word about the contest with your writing groups, on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook etc. When you do, we’d love it if you tag us so we can interact too! Kaitlyn is @kaitlynleann17 and Lydia is @LydiaLukidis. And once the event starts, comment on other entries with supportive, encouraging messages. Don’t forget to use out official hashtag: #FallWritingFrenzy.
6. The winners will be selected by Kaitlyn, myself, Donna Barba Higuera, OR their prize donor. We will choose whatever speaks to us the most, could be sentimental, sweet, powerful, funny, lyrical, scary, inspiring, or something we haven’t thought of. We’re excited to be surprised!
7. We are aiming to announce the winners by October 31st but depending on how many wonderful entries there are, it may take longer, please be patient with us so we can give each entry the attention it deserves.
8. We will host a live Twitter chat on September 16 @ 9 pm EST if you would like to join us! Click HERE for instructions on how to use Twitter for chats.
Also, we have a new badge for all you wonderful contestants!
Click HERE for the contestant badge. Simply right click and save them on your desktop. Feel free to post them on your bogs. websites and/or social media!
So, are you guys ready for the 2020 Fall Writing Frenzy images?? Here they are:
And please support the authors and donors by checking out their links, buying their books, reviewing them, requesting a purchase from your library, and sharing about their books on Facebook and Twitter.
And most of all, GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!