Street magic performer. Hog-calling champion. Award-winning ice sculptor. These are all things Tara Lazar has never been.
Instead, she writes quirky, humorous picture books where anything is possible.
My Twitter is @taralazar and my Instagram is @taralaser
Her picture books available now are:
- THE MONSTORE (Aladdin/S&S, 2013)
- I THOUGHT THIS WAS A BEAR BOOK (Aladdin/S&S, 2015)
- LITTLE RED GLIDING HOOD (Random House Children’s, 2015)
- NORMAL NORMAN (Sterling, 2016)
- WAY PAST BEDTIME (Aladdin/S&S, 2017)
- 7 ATE 9: THE UNTOLD STORY (Disney*Hyperion, 2017)
- YOUR FIRST DAY OF CIRCUS SCHOOL (Tundra, June 2019)
- THE UPPER CASE: TROUBLE IN CAPITAL CITY (Disney*Hyperion, 2019)
- THREE WAYS TO TRAP A LEPRECHAUN (HarperCollins, 2020)
- BLOOP (HarperCollins, 2021)
Tara is represented by Ammi-Joan Paquette of the Erin Murphy Literary Agency.
Her last name rhymes with “bazaar”—you can listen to Tara pronounce her name on TeachingBooks.net. She’s not Tara Laser-beam (although that would be awesome).